Friday, 28 September 2018

Life Is Like A Camera


I have had my first camera from my dad . I was going on a field trip with my class. And  the teacher said make sure you bring your cameras. I never own one but my dad had one. I asked my dad if I could lend his camera. I got the whole nine degree not to drop it. Make sure you put the cord around your wrist or the long cord around your neck while taking pictures so you dont drop it.  I had no knowledge of even how to use one. Back then. My those cameras were tricky. You click for a picture take and they have numbers. So you have to remember what number next. As it really never lite up to see the numbers that well. Well I was allowed to take it on my trip.
What picture's did I get to take. Rag weed. Mostly wild flowers in a field right? Then when you have a camera and being a young teen. You always get someone to take a picture of you. So dad took my pictures in to be developed after. When he came home I seen a odd look on his face. He handed me the picture envelope with negatives. I opened it up the envelope. Oh my. Four duds of black nothing. Two of me. I looked pretty good. Was not clear but the person who took it. May have had difficult also. 
Legs and shorts. I bet dad was not too happy with the way I was dressed. Did you not wear jeans, slacks in a field Day  he said. I did but it was so warm but I did have those clothing in my backpack dad. What about bugs or misquotes?  The wild flowers were pretty good. I got a couple of guys in the background more so close shots. Yikes. We had this new kid he was an Indian. Oh was he a good looking guy.  Matter of fact. Dad did not know we were sort of  going with each other. It never lasted. It was called Puppy Love back then. I did manage to meet his  dad who was a Indian Chief at a Ceremony  . I was invited. His Mom gave me a Indian necklace. I seen the Indians dance and drum. They were the first Indians who had a Monument and a tree  planted on top of the hill. Still standing I am told. Not any vandalism but respect.  So this poem Life Is Like A camera . Says it all. If anyone has not heard of it. It is cute and funny. So I decided to start a new with the theme . Life Is Like A Camera.
                              



                                                           




1 comment:

  1. wonderful memories and glad the two came out so you can remember what you looked like. ha ha on all the instructions and wearing shorts. times were a lot different bck then

    ReplyDelete